October 12, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending October 7, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.2 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 1.1% lower than last week's estimate and 3.5% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2016
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.8 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.4 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 605.7 mmst, 11.3% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.