December 7, 2017 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending December 2, 2017.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled approximately 15.7 million short tons (mmst)
• This production estimate is 11.6% higher than last week's estimate and 9% higher than the production
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.9 mmst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 9.8 mmst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 724.5 mmst, 8.2% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2016
For more information, please visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.