June 6, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending June 1, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 12 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 8.1% lower than last week's estimate and 8.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.2 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.8 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 290.5 MMst, 5.9% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.