EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – January 12, 2023
January 12, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending January 7, 2023.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.2 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 22.6% higher than last week's estimate and 10.8% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2022.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.5 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.7 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 11.2 MMst, 15.7% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2022.