Mining Compliance Solutions at The Bluefield Coal Show 2019
September 4, 2019 - Quaker Houghton (NYSE:KWR) will be showcasing how its DUSTGRIP® Dust Suppressants, and MINETECH™ Ground Control Agents, support a safer mining work environment and offer compliance solutions at the 2019 Bluefield Coal Show, September 11th - September 13th 2019, in Bluefield WV, USA.
In alignment with complying with the Mine, Safety, and Health Administration's (MSHA's) regulations that lowered the level of respirable dust from 2.0 mg/m3 to 1.5 mg/m3, Quaker Houghton offers DUSTGRIP®, a family of dust suppressant products, that includes a solid material product.
- Reduces the generation of airborne particulate matter from mines, roads, stockpiles, rail hauls, construction sites, quarries and other areas where air-born dust is a problem
- Support site safety for workers by effectively lowering levels of respirable coal mine dust, and quartz
- Allows for localized application of dust suppressant, so the mine can treat the area where there is a respirable dust or quartz issue, instead of treating the entire mine, lowering costs
Designed to consolidate and stabilize unstable ground, as well as seal against water ingress, MINETECH™ Ground Control Agents feature:
- Good penetration into small cracks and fissures for ground consolidation and stabilization, in the event of fractured and unstable ground
- High adhesive strength
- Outstanding mechanical properties and flexibility to be an effective ground consolidation and stabilization tool
Quaker Houghton's full mining portfolio of compliance solutions,ranging from dust suppressants, ground control agents and longwall fluids to fire-resistant hydraulic fluids, gear lubricants and greases, will be featured at the 2019 Bluefield Coal Show from September 11th – 13th at the Brushfork Armory Civic Center in Bluefield WV - Booth 207.
Quaker Houghton is the global leader in industrial process fluids. With a robust presence around the world, including operations in over 25 countries, our customers include thousands of the world's most advanced and specialized steel, aluminum, automotive, aerospace, offshore, can, mining, and metalworking companies. Our high-performing, innovative and sustainable solutions are backed by best-in-class technology, deep process knowledge and customized services. With 4,000 employees, including chemists, engineers and industry experts, we partner with our customers to improve their operations so they can run even more efficiently, even more effectively, whatever comes next. Quaker Houghton is headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, located near Philadelphia in the United States.