Komatsu's PC2000-11 Hydraulic Excavator is Designed to Load 70- to 200-Ton Rigid Frame Haul Trucks Faster
September 17, 2019 - Komatsu America, a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, introduces its PC2000-11 hydraulic excavator. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, the PC2000-11 has more horsepower and a new engine-pump control for faster cycle times and improved multifunction performance.
“The PC2000-11 is designed to load 70- to 200-ton rigid frame haul trucks and is an excellent tool for stripping overburden, loading coal, and loading shot rock,” said Robert Hussey, product marketing manager, Komatsu America. “The PC2000-11 has a simplified power module (cooling package, engine, PTO, and hydraulic pumps) which provides excellent accessibility to major components, low noise levels in the cab, and reduces labor hours when it comes time for planned overhaul.”
KomVision, Komatsu’s all-around machine monitoring system comes standard on the PC2000-11. To increase operator awareness of haul trucks and light vehicles entering and leaving the working area, the 7-camera system provides a full 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the working area on a dedicated 10.4” touch screen monitor.
PC2000-11 loading 730E-8
Productivity and Multifunction Performance
The PC2000-11 offers improved multifunction performance, and a productivity increase up to 12%, and can therefore load more trucks per shift. The redesigned hydraulic system monitors work equipment loads and optimizes hydraulic flow based on operating conditions. The PC2000-11 is equipped with selectable working modes to tailor machine performance to application requirements, including the all new “Power Plus” mode. Increased engine power and new engine pump control logic give the PC2000-11 faster cycle times.
Customers can expect extended component life on the PC2000-11 thanks to thicker, stronger boom plates and castings; strengthened track and center frames; larger diameter carrier rollers and improved hydraulic cylinder seals. The new seals on work equipment cylinders enable the PC2000-11 to withstand the most abrasive applications.
Other standard features of the new PC2000-11 include:
Tier 4 Final Certified Engine Technology
- Komatsu’s new U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission regulation-compliant SSA12V140E-7 engine has a net horsepower of 1,046hp (up from 956hp on the PC2000-8)
- Dual Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filters (KDPF)
- No Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) system, so does not require a Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
- Auto Idle and Auto Idle Shutdown to help reduce fuel consumption
Accessibility and Operator Comfort
- 45° hydraulically actuated boarding ladder and secondary access ladder
- Platforms and handrails aid service and maintenance
- New, large capacity air conditioning system
- Large cab with excellent visibility
Work Equipment and Hydraulics
- New EPC valves optimize main valve spool control, increasing work equipment speed, especially during compound movement
- New, stronger boom design for increased durability to complement the productivity enhancements
- Heavy lift mode – 10% more boom lifting force
Komatsu America Corp. is a subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., an industry-leading manufacturer and supplier of equipment, technologies and services for the construction, forklift, mining, industrial and forestry markets. For nearly a century, Komatsu equipment and services have been used by companies worldwide to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create technology and consumer products. The company’s global service and distributor networks support customer operations, tapping into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance.
To learn more about Komatsu’s North American offerings, visit www.komatsuamerica.com.