EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report: September 19, 2019
September 19, 2019 - The Weekly Coal Production report has been updated for the week ending September 14, 2019.
• Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 13.9 million short tons (MMst)
• This production estimate is 4.4% higher than last week's estimate and 4.2% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2018
• East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.7 MMst
• West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 8.1 MMst
• U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 507 MMst, 4.3% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2018
For more information, visit: https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/weekly.