January 7, 2022 - Seaborne coking coal prices jumped across the board on Thursday January 6 following recent trades sealed at higher prices, while good demand from ex-China markets combined with tight supply from Australia pushed up prices in the fob Australia market and a major trader in China resumed purchasing seaborne coking coal from the United States, sources said.
- Premium hard coking coal, cfr Jingtang: $359.97 per tonne, up $15.10 per tonne
- Hard coking coal, cfr Jingtang: $328.35 per tonne, up $16.84 per tonne
- Premium hard coking coal, fob DBCT: $370.22 per tonne, up $9.64 per tonne
- Hard coking coal, fob DBCT: $316.39 per tonne, up $8.75 per tonne
- An end-January-laycan Capesize vessel of United States-origin hard coking coal Buchanan was traded on Thursday at $325 per tonne cfr China