Ethics, ESG & Reputation Manage: How to manage today’s challenges
Instructor: Dr. Ray Sheldon, Ph.D.
As environment, social, and governance (ESG) performance has become a focus of stakeholder interaction and a key metric in capital markets, active management of public perception, and engaging on social media, are now as critical to success as competent management and efficient operations. This four-hour short course explores how to manage reputations ethically in today’s rapidly changing and politically discordant environment. (3 PDH –management, 1 PDH – ethics, 4 PHD total)
The course will cover:
• Why character does not equal reputation
• Reputational risks, opportunity, and ethics
• Evolution of social responsibility, now ESG
• Measuring reputation
• Reputation management strategy
• Implementation through integrated communication
• Issue management and crisis communication
Professional Development provided by the Office of Professional Education at South Dakota Mines and Elevate Rapid City.