EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – September 15, 2022
September 15, 2022 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending September 10, 2022.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.3 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 9.8% lower than last week's estimate and 2.6% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2021.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.2 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.1 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 413.1 MMst, 3.8% higher than the comparable year-to-date.
For more information, visit EIA’s website or email EIA.