EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – September 22, 2022
September 22, 2022 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending September 17, 2022.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 12.5 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 10.7% higher than last week's estimate and 6.7% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2021.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.6 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.8 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 425.6 MMst, 3.9% higher than the comparable year-to-date.
For more information, visit EIA’s website or email EIA