EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – January 5, 2023
January 5, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending December 31, 2022.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 9.2 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 5.2% higher than last week's estimate and 9.5% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2021.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 3.6 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.6 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 597.2 MMst, 3.4% higher than the comparable year-to-date.