EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – March 9, 2023
March 10, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending March 4, 2023.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 12.9 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 14.1% higher than last week's estimate and 13.4% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2022.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.4 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 7.5 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 105.8 MMst, 1% higher than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2022.