EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – November 2, 2023
November 3, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending October 28, 2023.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 10.9 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 5.6% lower than last week's estimate and 7.9% lower than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2022.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 4.7 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.2 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 487.2 MMst, 1.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2022.