EIA's Weekly Coal Production Report – November 16, 2023
November 16, 2023 - EIA has updated the Weekly Coal Production report for the week ending November 11, 2023.
- Estimated U.S. coal production totaled about 11.8 million short tons (MMst).
- This production estimate is 6% higher than last week's estimate and 1% higher than the production estimate in the comparable week in 2022.
- East of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 5.1 MMst.
- West of the Mississippi River coal production totaled 6.7 MMst.
- U.S. year-to-date coal production totaled 510.1 MMst, 1.6% lower than the comparable year-to-date coal production in 2022.